Thursday, September 16, 2010

FRAN... That B*&^% is CRAZY HARD!

It's OFFICIAL! FRAN IS ONE OF THE HARDEST WORKOUTS I HAVE DONE SO FAR ( but I love the challenge)

I felt like I was going to die.  During the workout my trainer Nate was like cut back on the last 2 rounds. So I did a Modified Fran.

Lets compare the two:

Rx'd FRAN is:

Three rounds, 21-15- and 9 reps, for time of:
95 pound Thruster
Pull-ups

Modified FRAN: (What I did)
Three rounds, 21-12- and 6 reps, for time of: 
43 pound Thruster
Ring Rows

= 8:30 mins

So you probably wondering what a Thruster is. This is how you do it: Take a weighted barbell and hold them at shoulder height. Squat down, keeping the barbell on the shoulders. As you rise up, press the barbell to the overhead lockout position. You can either press as you rise or use the momentum to help "kick" the barbell overhead.

Today's WOD got my heart rate up! After my last round I just dropped to the ground! DAMN YOU FRAN!!!!

Check out these videos of the today's WOD from the Crossfit HQ:
http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/HeatherMel_100909Fran.WMV
http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/CrossFit_100909_Miranda_Fran.wmv

***The chick in the pic is busting out 120lb Thrusters. WOW one day that will be me!!

Vee Bleu

No comments: