Thursday, August 5, 2010

Isabel = Snatch

Not that type of Snatch... :) I mean Olympic lifts. Today at 6 am I learned how to do the snatch.

The snatch is a:
"... one of the two Olympic weightlifting events (the other being the clean and jerk).The essence of the event is to lift a barbell from the platform to locked arms overhead in a smooth continuous movement. The barbell is pulled as high as the lifter can manage (typically to mid chest height) (the pull) at which point the barbell is flipped overhead. - From Wikipedia"


It wasn't too difficult to do just need to work on my form. I am kinda of stoked that I am learning all these different lifts. I feel very powerful. But I am tired as hell and sore from the last work out. I realized that soreness is just part of Crossfit.

Anywhoo..... the WOD* of the day was:

"Isabel"

For time:
Snatch 135 pounds, 30 reps

Of course I did a modified version of the WOD - I did 40 pounds, 30 reps. I completed this in 16:25 mins.

Below is a Youtube video of a USA National Jr Weightlifting chick in 2006 doing the snatch:




Vee Bleu

* WOD = Work of the Day

No comments: